Sunday, October 4, 2009

Knowledge Value Project!

I started by cutting out 7 inch squares.
Each layer took 36 squares.




I sandwiched the top, middle and bottom layers of flannel.



Mom and I organized the squares until they looked just right.



After I sewed the blocks together (with some more help from Mom) it was time to cut the edges so they would fray when we washed it.




Here it is. We also made a burp cloth to make up the 10 hours I needed to spend on this Value Project.


I plan on giving this quilt to one of my Young Women's leaders. She is expecting a baby in November.




5 comments:

Whit said...

I think it turned out really cute Banner. Good Job. I can't wait to see you this weekend. Plan some fun stuff for us to do.

The Schauerhamers said...

Sooo cute! I love the colors! I started a baby afghan for one of my YW projects and it never really got finished, I think it's even still over at my mom's house waiting to get done. I should go work on that......

Alan and Shelley said...

Good job, Banner! It looks like it was a fun project also. I love that YW all over the church learn such good things from doing value projects. You are a good example for your younger cousins and even some of your older cousins too.

Anne Adele said...

You are such a sweetheart for working so hard on this project and then you'll give it away. I hope that you make another one a little larger for yourself. I hope that you are feeling better.

sara said...

That turned out so cute. I bet you learned a lot from doing it. That is what it is all about. I want to talk to you about doing another project together. I thought that you me and Kelsie could work on a service project. Whitney gave me the idea.